CLiC-it 2015 has the goal of a broad technical program. We invite original papers (i.e. previously unpublished) in the following four broad categories: theoretical computational linguistics, empirical/data-driven approaches, resources/evaluation, applications/tools. We also invite papers describing a challenge in the field, position papers, survey papers, and papers that describe a negative result.
Papers may consist of up to four (4) pages of content, and two (2) additional pages of references. Papers can be either in English or Italian, with the abstract both in English and Italian. Accepted papers will be published on-line and will be presented at the conference either orally or as a poster. The deadline for paper submissions is July 15, 2015.
Paper submissions should follow the two-column format. We strongly recommend the use of LaTeX style files or Microsoft Word style files according to the following ACL formats.
Please note that:
- Submission must be electronic in PDF, using the Easychair submission software at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=clic2015
- Reviewing will not be blind, so there is no need to remove author information from manuscripts.
- Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings, which will be published online.
SUBMISSION FOR THE TRACK Towards EVALITA 2016: challenges, methodologies and tasks
The task proposals may consist of up to four (4) pages of content, and two (2) additional page of references. The proposals must be written in English and they must be of one of the following types: a) task proposal to be organized in EVALITA 2016, b) declaration of interest from industrial subjects and c) discussion on evaluation methodologies.
The task proposals (type a) must contain:
- a description of the task and its guidelines (including a comparison with tasks known in the national and international community);
- the description of the dataset (if it is available or to be developed specifically for the task);
- the possible impact on the area and the amount of expected participants.
The declarations of interest (type b) must contain:
- a description of the activities of the industrial subject;
- a description of the relationships among these activities and a task that should be organized within EVALITA 2016.
The discussion on evaluation methodologies must contain:
- a description of the methodology with motivations and analysis of related works;
- a description of the application and outcomes of the methodologies, also with reference to possible tasks.
All the accepted proposals (type a, b and c) will be orally presented in a session where they will be discussed in order to give to the author/s feedbacks and to improve the interest of the community. The author/s of each accepted task proposal (type a) will be invited to submit the task at the EVALITA call for tasks, taking into account the collected hints.
YOUNG BEST PAPER AWARDS
In order to award the work of young researchers, the title of “best paper” will be attributed to the best 5 papers in different research areas which satisfy one among the following requirements: a) submitted by a single PhD student or postDoc, with or without his/her supervisor as second author, b) submitted by 2 or more PhD students or postDocs. The awarded authors will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers to the journal of the Association for Italian Computational Linguistics. Moreover, the author of the first ranked paper will be awarded a cash prize, and he/she will have to give an oral presentation.
- 06/03/2015: First call for papers
- 30/7/2015: Paper submission deadline
- 15/7/2015: Paper submission deadline
- 21/9/2015: Notification to authors
- 15/9/2015: Notification to authors
- 15/10/2015: Camera-ready version
- 3-4/12/2015: CLiC-it conference